General Field Trip Information
1. At NYOS we feel that experiencing learning situations outside of the classrooms is not only exciting for your child but, also very beneficial for their overall educational growth. We will attend one to two field trips a month. These field trips will relate to a topic we are studying. For example, when studying plants we might visit a pumpkin patch, tree farm, or the botanical gardens.
2. On field trip days please dress your child in a red polo shirt, khaki bottoms, and tennis shoes.
3. Your child will need to bring a sack lunch. Please pack your child's lunch in a brown paper bag or plastic grocery bag. It is much easier to transport 18 brown paper sack lunches than it is to try to carry the traditional lunch boxes.
4. Parents are more than welcome to attend field trips with our class. We really appreciate the help. At NYOS it is required that all field trip chaperones first fill out a criminal history background check.
5. Most of the field trips we schedule are free or have a small fee. We will send home a note to let you know when this happens. Please return your child's field trip money as soon as possible. This will allow the Kinder team to pay any deposits that the location may require.